Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Issues

Guess there are some issues I should iron out:

-I dislike criticism, as well as other ppl doing completely different things from me(normally only if the difference is very lagre). But I do understand that many people have different perspectives from mine, especially considering that I, being a pessimist as well as a non-Christian, have a tendency to be insensitive and more firm to my belief (I think?) regarding such issues, especially when discussing about the viewpoints of others. The main problem here I'm talking about is that I need to understand that I am treading on a dangerous line and must learn to be more careful with my choice of words and the way I put across my views.

-I'm kind of 'kpo' because I have a habit, both helpful and irritating at times, to interfere and offer 'advice' to others regarding the matter at hand, as well as the habit of probing into the affairs of others, so as to understand what is happening around me better. I think I should rectify this problem, so that I refrain from doing this next time, because I am being more irritating and helpful to the person intended to receive the message.

-I think I'm a little loquacious. And I also have the bad habit of being a little arrogant over my own traits, whether positive or negative, e.g. slacking and being 'good' at maths and chess. I also tend to overexaggerate and show-off my 'abilities', also having quite a heck-care attitude.

But even as I state the 3 points above, I know, I will not be able to change myself so easily. Like this statement: "It's easier to wear a pair of slippers than to cover the world in carpet". My criticism to this statement will be, "But sometimes, it is very difficult to 'just wear a pair of slippers'."

Now, back to today's events, I received my 'O' lvl MT results today. I expected a D7, or a fail, but it surprised me with a C5. Must be they lowered the entire range of marks significantly. Half of our class got A1, amazing. And me, who got a freaking C5, the lowest in class...This is simply pathetic. I heard if you retake chinese, they will take the better grade for your 'O' cert. So technically speaking, there isn't much risk in retaking 'O' MT. Except, you'll sacrifice the time from MT to focus on other subjects. So actually this works both ways. But for a person like me, a C5 is simply too pathetic to appear in my 'O' cert. So maybe, I'll aim for an A1 this time so I can use it for my L1R5, like what many of my classmates are going to do since the class got relatively high in 'O' MT.

Next up, we planned to take the class video tomorrow because mr Sharizan, the 'video guy' of our sch, was not here and we didn't have a video camera today. Hopefully tomorrow everything goes well, though we have less time tomorrow.

Today also burned myself out playing basketball. At first we went to Pizza Hut at Lot 1 to have our lunch, which was actually decided after having a walk around Lot 1. We wanted to sort of celebrate the good results most of us, not including me, had attained. The price for 7 of us was $75 or so zzz. Expensive sia. Heartache ._. =X. Then we didn't have a basketball and felt like playing basketball, so yunfeng bought one, since he also planned to buy one, perhaps his old basketball was screwed over or something. Then we went to play basketball, but ernest left before that cos he wanted to go home and get his piano exam results. Hopefully he did well enough.

Then we reached a basketball court some distance away from Lot 1. Basically we played with 2 other guys, both pro but one seemed like a basketball player, tall and rather accurate with his throws, and he was fast and skillful with the basketball. The disparity between our best player, yunfeng, and him was rather great too. Then soon, it started to rain and we basically took shelter at the nearby pavilion. The 2 strangers soon left as well. We found some stuff to do, either basketball-ing around or playing gameboy, and kind of waited until the rain was over. When the rain was almost over, we chiong-ed out to play, but after playing awhile we realised one of the basketball hoops was broken, and the area was extremely slippery(we played half-court previously). But after some free playing, we decided to play a match, and we were like totally decimated, which was understandable considering how pathetic I was at basketball and Kok How was the only one who could actually contest the 'thunders' Yunfeng,Kenneth and Guang Xue(our opponent team) were using. They were probably the most pro team too, maybe just need a Kok How to boost their ranks with his pro skills as point guard.(We were playing full court by that time)

Somehow Kok How got in a few 3 pointers when we changed back to half court, some by fluke and some by skill, so we nearly wanted to call him 'san jing shou' after the 3-pointer scorer in Slam Dunk. And it was also there we called him gay for getting in 3-pointers. Then he was like, 'ya I'm gay.' LOL! So now he admits that he is gay(in the literal meaning). Then by that time it was around 5+? so we decided to stop and go home, and we were all quite tired. On the way back me and Kenneth were saying the positions of some of the players. For example, Kok How and I would probably be the point guards, but Kok obviously was better than me by a long run. Maybe Yunfeng can be something like the centre (not mentioned in the conversation, is a new point I just thought of) and he seems to be quite good at that. Anyway we then walked back to Lot 1, bought some drinks and we all went back home by public transport.

Now my thumb is swollen from the basketball game zzz. Oh well it'll 'heal' in time. But the greater problem for me now is my throat and nose. My sinus and coughs are getting to me. Damn, need to try to make the problem negligible again, or else they would really make my life miserable and tough, if it wasn't already. Or maybe I should just say it would worsen it.

Seems to have acquired blisters from running around, like Kok. Now, gotta rest. Need time to recover.

No comments: